People love browsing travel, outdoor life, and tourism websites, primarily for two reasons. Firstly, these websites have an incredible visual appeal, and secondly, it is possible to see the entire world through posts, videos and photos. Of course, there are thousands of websites in this niche, and it can be hard to design one that stands out and feels different. If you are keen to start website for your travel business, or want a simple blog to share your journeys, we recommend that you consider some of these 5 tips listed below.
- Consider your theme wisely. There are varied niches and sub-segments in the travel genre, and you have to consider the theme of your website, before the actual design process begins. A website for a travel influencer would be different than that of a small cottage nested in woods.
- Play with the design, but keep things simple. Visitors can spend a long time on travel sites, provided the content is engaging. You don’t want your site viewers to get lost in the design. Yes, you can experiment, but the best travel sites are simple and have minimal animations, transitions and popups.
- Use the right colors and font. The background of travel niche sites needs to be subdued and preferably light. This is because you want the photos and videos to take prominence. The font is as important. Since people will be accessing the site on different screens, the font has to be readable.
- Select a template wisely. If you are using WordPress, or website builders like Wix and Weebly, you will find plenty of ready templates that are ideal for travel sites. However, make sure that you have some control on customization. Paying for a good theme or template is never a bad idea.
- Spend on a logo. Your travel website has the potential to become a brand, and every brand need a logo, which also sets the tone and color scheme for the site. If you are not sure of how to create a logo, get a designer onboard, and this doesn’t have to cost huge and is a onetime expense.
Visual appeal simplified
Using photos and videos is important for niches like travel and fashion, but for travel and tourism site in particular, you want to get more of original photos and content than stock ones. If you can add new photos, galleries and images every week, you can expect to get enjoy good readership in no time.